Sunday, May 23, 2010

Distracting

This would probably summarize the latest cover of im not so conio kaya!'s Kahit Isang Saglit. If you see the video here, you'll know what I mean.

As of this writing I've listened to the downloaded clip four times so that I'd be able to comment on it well. Admittedly it's not as powerful as his rendition of Gaya ng Dati. Well, mea culpa, I think I've suggested to him a song that he's not that prepared for. Still, what I admire about his version is that he was able to touch the lower notes just fine. Ganda ng singing voice. What raised my hackles is when he did the chorus. The high notes were... distracting.

I'd like to point out, though, that Kahit Isang Saglit is best sung standing up. Refer to his video. (No, please don't look at his arms, his legs, his... Okay, just close your eyes and LISTEN!) Galing ano, even sitting down, he's able to sing well. I wonder what's keeping him from sustaining the long notes? Probably he needs to exercise his breathing. And more practice.

In all, I'd say it's an okay version, a 3.5 out of 5.

To im not so conio kaya!, keep up the good work, and I'd like you to know that I'm a fan to an extent, ngayon pa lang. I hope when you're ready, you'd do a better cover of this, because to be honest, I really, really, really love Kahit Isang Saglit. (You sound like him during the intro.) I am looking forward to your next cover.

Cheers!

No comments: