Tuesday, December 01, 2009

To Dabble in Literature

The past few days saw my schedule changing yet again. I arrive at the office before 7 a.m., where I stay until a few minutes past six in the evening. That's from Mondays to Saturdays. On Sundays I usually stay at home, or go out, like how I used to some few years back. And this wouldn't have happened had my sister and her family not been assigned to a new post in the States. But I guess, all is well. I try to divert my attention from the issues at home through the Web, and thank goodness for my laptop (although the battery's failing). But I don't think that the computer and the digital world is enough for me. Lately I've been longing to read again, and looking at the books at home, there wouldn't be a problem.

Or so I thought.

Lately I've been browsing for Philippine Literature, for authors the likes of Bob Ong (still debating whether I should get the entire set in just one buy) and upcoming author Siege Malvar (whose books Roles & Crash are interesting, based from the few pages I browsed at Powerbooks). And there is Jessica Zafra, and Ricky Lee, and also the classics Sa Mga Kuko ng Liwanag (Edgardo M. Reyes) and Dekada '70 of Lualhati Bautista. How about the Ladlad anthologies of Danton Remoto? Would you believe I also found the book A Study of Philippine Games (Mellie Lopez)? Now that would be interesting.

There's a lot of interesting books out there. Only, I don't want this to end up like my past "hobbies": ningas cogon.

No comments: